background

Friday, September 25, 2009

September 25th - 40 weeks

I seriously thought I would have a baby before this date hit. My "due date" as they call it. But, here I am...still making trips to Babies R Us and the mall parking in "expectant" mother parking.

I really didn't want to have to coax the baby out. I mean, who doesn't want the perfect pregnancy and then labor and delivery? And I did as far as some are concerned have a pretty perfect pregnancy. I had all the fun aches pains sure, but I wasn't very sick at the beginning and I'm not ending it with high blood pressure and swelling so I can't complain. Baby just isn't ready to come...I think I must have made just too good of a home inside my body...I think I can be happy about that :)

Within the last month of having weekly pelvic exams I am 80% effaced, 1cm dialated, and baby is head down (zero station) in go position. My body and baby are doing what we're supposed to "so far" just might need a little more help. So, this Monday we're scheduled to be induced. And although I thought it would happen differently, I'm ok with it.

I can't wait to meet my baby boy. I can't wait to be a mom.

7 comments:

mike and kirstin said...

if you wait until wednesday, your little man will share my birthday!

congratulations in advance!

-kirstin

matt and whitney said...

YAY! He will be here Monday or Tuesday!!! Monday, the 28th is Em's birthday and might be Wyatt's too! :) can't WAIT to meet him and give him kisses!

Anne said...

Here's to a safe and speedy delivery, Kim! You will be in my thoughts on Monday. He seems in the perfect position to come right on out!!!

Kelli Henderson said...

so excited for you guys! (and a bit jealous knowing that you'll be done with pregnancy and on to the real fun stuff! :) we'll be praying for a quick and lovely delivery!

xxx

Deanna said...

He will be worth every minute of pregnancy!! Can't wait to meet him-maybe tomorrow!! xoxo

Sis said...

Good luck today Kim....I'm pullin' (or pushin') for you too!! I hope someone sings happy birthday to him!
Sis xoxoxo

Derek and Kelsey said...

Congratulations Kim and Dave!! I am excited for you guys too! Can't wait to hear from Whit how everything went, and how adorable he is! :) Congrats to both of you! --Kelsey