background

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I heard it!

I had my 12 week appointment today!
I know, a little early, but who's counting? (besides me)
David and I got to HEAR the heartbeat this time, it was amazing! As the Dr. moved the magic wand over my pelvic bone through the enormous amount of ultrasound gel he kept saying "that's yours", "that's yours"...and then there it was....Baby Smith's!
David caught on first. My heartbeat sounded like a slow helicopter and the baby's sounded like a fast one. I think I could have listened to it for hours...I really wanted to steal his little hand held device he used and take it home with me.

Here's our little miracle - 11 weeks 4days



*Not sure if you can tell, maybe if you click on the picture and make it bigger, but the little horn looking thing that looks like it's coming out of the babies head is actually it's little fingers.

My favorite part of this week? I'm back to normal!
For the last month I've been "nausea girl"...so not fun
Thank you to David, the most amazing husband in the world! He's been cooking, cleaning, running errands, giving foot massages, the works! I love you babe!

4 comments:

The Olson Family said...

YEAH!!!!!! Praise God. Isn't this journey just an absolute miracle? So glad to journey it with you Kimmy! Love you!

Kimmie

Anne said...

Aw, Kim, I love it! Your little baby unicorn!!! And so glad you're feeling better, it's such a relief isn't it?

matt and whitney said...

YAY for the heartbeat!!! I didn't know your appointment was yesterday...you have to tell me these things! Excited for baby Smith and no more nausea for you!! xoxo

Kelli Henderson said...

Yay! Oh Nim..I'm so glad you finally got to hear the heartbeat..what a wonderful day. :) love you!