Happy Birthday Peanut!!!! Today is your very first birthday!
At one year, you weigh around 21 lbs 12 oz. My 9 pounder is growing up!
This past month you have grown and changed so much! The day before you were 11 months you began walking! You are a little parrot and have learned to say so many funny things…including your name which melts my heart every time you say it. “Wy-att”. Your newest is saying “uh-oh!” cause that’s what mommy says over and over when you fall down as you perfect walking :)
When you hear anyone outside you think it’s your “Da-da” and race to the door – and when he finally walks through the door, your face lights up with such joy! I love how you love each other!
You have been the most amazing sleeper starting to sleep through the night at 6 weeks and you're still going strong! Thank you for that gift :)
You are so smart! You have gone from us teaching you “So Big!” and “Peek-a-boo” to learning things by yourself simply by watching us. You mimic us talking on our phones, and how mommy combs her hair. You know that the keys open the door, your cup goes in the cup holder spot on your tray and mommy’s sunglasses go on her face. You are so aware of the world around you. Just last night your friend Jacob dropped his pacifier and you picked it up and put it back in his mouth!
You are currently the pickiest eater alive! You stick out your tongue or spit out anything unfamiliar. You have 11 teeth!! Let’s use em!
Currently your favorite thing to do with a book is close it - we’ll work on that one in the coming year. You love bath time and for several months now you stand the entire time – its rather nerve racking.
I love the way you say "Mama" when you're hungry, tired, sick, upset, got scared or just all-around over whatever it is you’re doing, as if that one word, that one person -- me -- is all you need to feel better. You say “Dada” all the rest of the time…and that’s ok with me :)
I love when you follow me around the house, and those open mouth kisses I beg for daily! You're fiercely independent, and you much prefer to do what you want to do, and only when you want to do it. Everything you do, you do without fear of the consequences. You fall and get right back up again. We never know if each time you fall if it’s going to be one that really hurt or just a bump in the road to you.
Your dimples just melt my heart! I prayed so hard that you would have your daddy’s dimples. Thank you God!
My favorite time of the day is bedtime. Because it’s the only time you stop moving and let me hold you...and currently you will only let ME hold you and rock you to sleep. You nuzzle your head into me…I sing, we read books and you hook your fingers around my tank top strap and hold on. When daddy comes to get you and put you in your crib, I just want to hold you for a few more minutes because I know in the morning you’ll be off and running again.
And so big boy, you are 1!!! This past year has been the best of my life. We have such a special bond and I love waking up to your sweet face every morning. Mama and daddy have grown too; We are much better people because you are in our lives.
One year ago today I was holding you in my arms for the first time and my life has never been the same since. You are the center of my world sweet baby boy and I will love you all the years of your life. Nothing will replace this first year, but I so look forward to watching the boy, teenager and man you will become.
I am so thankful to be your Mommy. I am truly blessed beyond words. God knew exactly what He was doing when He gave you to me. He knew that you were exactly what I needed. Grow up strong knowing that I will always be here for you. Let God direct your paths, and you'll really go far.
You’re the answer to all of my prayers, before I even prayed them.
I Love You Wy Wy,
Mama

i LOVE this picture! if you ever wonder how much we love you and how proud we are of you and your accomplishments...look at this picture and the joy in your mommy and daddy's faces.
3 comments:
i just came across this---it gave me goosebumps! sooo sweet. I loved it. and love that wybug! it's a joy to go through parenting with you guys. xo
This is so sweet:) Looking forward to watching Wy Wy grow up! (but not too fast...) XO
such beautiful words, Kim. love you wy-bug!
Post a Comment