background

Friday, February 13, 2009

A Bun in The Oven

Welcome to our new Blog! More like re-vamped actually. I don't have the commitment for two blogs so I decided a make-over was necessary. As most of you readers know...or are finding out now...sorry! We are pregnant!
A little over four weeks ago I was feeling a little funny and hadn't had my period yet so I went to get a pregnancy test...
It is unbelievable the thoughts that might be going through your head as you stare at a pregnancy test.
I can't remember any of mine.

Watching the little hour glass
feels like an eternity.

And then it's there
PREGNANT

So then what did I do you might be asking? Well I just sat there and had a few moments with God.
Then it was on to how to tell my David (daddy)
So many ideas...just blurt it out? give him a card? hand him the test? send him on a scavenger hunt?
Then I got it...A Bun in the Oven. I know pretty corny, but it was all I had after 2 straight hours.
So I head out to the grocery store to buy some buns (whole wheat if you care)
I take one out and stick it in the oven.
Another hour goes by with me trying to figure out how to get him to open the oven...I don't cook, he does, so he wasn't going to believe the "go get your dinner it's in the oven" bit.

Then I remember the light to the oven...I go and flick it on.
now I wait some more for David to come home...

I hate waiting...

He's home!
After a kiss to his wife he heads to the kitchen to get a drink.
Still in my line of sight he looks at me while pointing and says, "there's a bun in the oven"
I just look at him and shake my head up and down "yes"

*sigh*

the bun in the oven



the parents to be!



we told the happy grandparents the very next day

7 comments:

matt and whitney said...

cute! love the blog title...baby mama. love you nimmy! missed you this weekend! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Kim, too cute! I happened to see the bun in the oven on Robyn's cell that weekend! Clever, very clever! We are so excited for you 2! God is about to take you on an amazing adventure! Love to you both.

Anne said...

How adorable, I am so happy for you! I just shed a tear! You're going to be an awesome mama :)

Anonymous said...

Very cute!

Unknown said...

Love it Love it!
Blessings on this new little family:)

Love Auntie Annie

The Olson Family said...

Kimmy....YEAH! It is baby season and God is good. I love that we are on the journey together. Praying for you and the "bun" all the time! Love you!

Kimmie

Emily said...

I love this story, it's perfect. I can totally picture and hear Dave saying that. It worked out perfectly huh? AND I have the same sweatshirt. I'm wearing it right now. Yay Anthro!