background

Monday, April 6, 2009

Huntington Beach Getaway

This past Saturday David and I woke up, went to breakfast and then headed up the I-5 to the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort and Spa for a weekend getaway. It was like a pre-babymoon. We spent the day walking around Main Street, eating, relaxing, David surfed and I got to go to Fashion Island. On Sunday David surfed again and then it was off to our main destination for the weekend…to get an ultrasound!

Our friends Dusty and Kim had found out before 20 weeks what they were having and after hearing that we just couldn’t wait to find out what we were having too! I researched a bunch of places in San Diego and couldn’t find anywhere that would do it for less than $100. Because the ultrasound relies solely on the baby’s cooperation I didn’t want to be out $100 for nothing, but this place does it for $25, much more in our gambling price range.

On the way to the ultrasound center I had to eat something sweet like they told me to get the baby moving…I proceeded to down an entire bag of peanut butter M&M’s against my will (I’m just not a sweets eater at all, I wish it could have been chips and salsa or something). Thankfully it wasn’t done for nothing…the first second she put the wand on my stomach she goes, “Oh! I think we got a shot already!” she leaves us in the room and goes and gets another technician just to be sure (all while David is peeking around looking at the screen trying to cheat and see before me). They come back, the other tech confirms, and she puts it up on the big flat screen on the wall…and there we see our little boy spread eagle! (For those of you that I told my prediction to...I was right! I don't know why, but I just had a feeling I was having a boy and I couldn't be more excited!)

The rest of the session was fabulous, he was moving so much, stretching, twisting, kicking and opening and closing his mouth. We got a DVD and tons of pictures of the whole experience to share with our families. I highly recommend this to everyone.

Here are a few pictures of our session:

Here's our boy!



The tech got this shot at the very end, he decided to stretch out and show us his entire body



Looking right at us

10 comments:

Mackenzie said...

NIM!!! I am bursting with excitement for you and David!! It's a boy! :)

Emily said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY CONGRATS!! That is amazing! Great story too. I'm glad you took that babymoon! Love you guys!

Brie said...

Congrats Kim!!! That's awesome! I'm so happy for you.

The Olson Family said...

KIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shout out to Costa Mesa ultrasound place! I am soo excited for you guys. Dillan will have a buddy, and he couldn't be happier! So glad little Smith decided to cooperate. Love you guys!

Kimmie

krista said...

We went to the same place to find out what we were having. I have sent sooo many people there...love it. We went back there for a 3D around 29 weeks too. They were so much more affordable!
Congratulations on your little boy!!!

Anne said...

Congrats!!!! That is so exciting! I'm so happy for you. Do you have names picked out yet?!?!

rachie380 said...

Wowee Kimmy - so exciting. Love the blog too. Miss you! XOXO

Kelli Henderson said...

Nim! I'm so jealous. :) And super excited for you...and nice work on the Mommy's intuition! (I'm secretly hoping for a boy..but secretly thinking it's a girl) Congrats on your baby boy!!

matt and whitney said...

Yippee! so super duper excited for you and dave :) now the question: to use or not to use both family boy names on baby #1 :)

Alisa said...

wow...that little guy is all over the place in there! that is crazy. i knew it was a boy. i knew it! :)