So ever since I started expanding I've slowly been looking for maternity clothes. Not really liking anything, but not worried about it either since I was still able to wear my current wardrobe. Well that time is quickly passing...like light speed ahead, and suddenly my entire closet is light years away never to be seen again.
I need help! I need to know what has worked for other people, or people you know, or even where you thought you'd shop when you decided to get pregnant. I have to wear corporate casual clothes to work. I've tried Gap, Target, Baby Style and Old Navy (maybe I just haven't tried on the right stlyes?) My main problem is the pants everywhere...is there any style that doesn't give a ton of extra room in the crotch and butt? What are they leaving so much room for down there?
I've never been the girl that tries on 6 outfits in the morning, but as my clothes shrink around me I have become that girl. I'm almost desperate. I can't let another weekend go by without getting some new stuff. Help!
4 comments:
Yeah, pants are not good. I can't imagine having to dress corporate casual! Have you tried skirts or dresses? They might be more comfy and definitely easier to fit into!
Also, try craigslist. I bought a HUGE lot of clothes from this lady for $200 and it included everything from tank tops to bathrobes to dresses. It was great.
i am not sure...because i never had to get dressed up. i had one pair of decent pants from target that fit well. skirts and dresses might be a better bet for you! check out old navy maternity online too because they have a way bigger selection. i splurged and got a few basic cute things from mimi maternity too. i think they may have merged w/pea in the pod now though, so they're prob even pricier..but check it out. i think there is one at fashion valley.
Kim, there is a maternity clothes store at the Carlsbad outlets. It is right across from Baby Gap. Try there....I scored some good stuff there. Unfortunately, the more money you spend the better the quality. So, if you go to a Pea in the Pod or Mimi Maternity, you will find stuff that fits right, but you will pay more. That's why the outlet is great, because they carry those brands at discount. Check the racks in the back of the store!
Oh, I am right there with you Nimmer...the Bella Band just isn't cutting it anymore! I was looking online at Old Navy maternity, but they definitely don't have corp. casual..I'd try skirts and dresses like the ladies mentioned above..but it might also be a good idea to just splurge on a few nice pants that can be in rotation. Oh man..once that belly pops it don't stop!! :) xxx
Post a Comment