background

Friday, June 26, 2009

27 weeks

I'm 27 weeks today, and it's the last week of my 2nd Trimester!! Insane.
As I cruise into my 3rd Trimester of Pregnancy here are some updates from this past week:

1. I passed my glucose test! I don’t have gestational diabetes!! Yay!! Not that I really thought I would, but the fact that they even test for it and then I have to wait for the results is nerve racking, you know?

2. Wyatt has a 3rd cousin on the way due in February!! Yay!

3. I was checked into triage this week at Mary Birch. I hadn’t felt Wyatt in almost a day and I started to get concerned. So I did what I was supposed to and called my Dr. After checking my chart, they told me I had anterior placenta (brand new information to me) and then told me to go to the hospital. Scary!! After checking into triage and being hooked up to be monitored I got to listen to his perfect little heart beat for about an hour. He was just fine, whew! Apparently I will not be able to feel him as much since my placenta can block or muffle the kicks but should still feel them when he kicks other places and just need to be monitoring them more closely. I’m kind confused by this though because wasn’t my placenta always there? Why was I able to feel him so strongly before and not now? Isn’t he getting stronger not weaker? Doc will be getting an ear full of Q’s next time for sure.

4. David and I started our Childbirth Preparation Classes this week. Looks like we will be learning a lot about labor and delivery. At every class we will be practicing our breathing. We’re already failing that portion…every time she announces a contraction is starting we take a deep breath to start and our partner is supposed to count it out for us. Well my partner, Mr. Musician can’t help but put a beat to it and I start laughing…I’m very sure it’s not going to be that funny in actual labor when I’m having a real contraction :)

5. Invitations for my first Baby Shower went out! I'm so excited to celebrate Wyatt with everyone and party!!

6. I also think I had my first Braxton Hicks Contraction today. I felt a tightening in my belly and when I touched it, it was rock hard in that spot…then went away. Hmmm...

1 comment:

Kelli Henderson said...

I can't believe we're getting that much closer. Crazy..seems like just yesterday we were talking about morning sickness! Take care and try not to worry about Wyatt..he is safe and sound in there and will be in your arms before you know it! :)