But seriously, It feels like just the other day I found out I was pregnant and now I am 6 months pregnant, it’s crazy.
On Monday I had my first little scare…Wyatt, decided he didn’t want to be “thumper” that day. Not ok.
Luckily I didn’t fully realize it until after lunch and had a doctor’s appointment at 3pm where I got to hear his heartbeat and everything, not to mention it was my glucose testing day. He perked right up shortly after I downed that bottle of sweet nastiness. Little trouble maker had me worried there for a while. David and I have been working on his nursery and I was moving stuff around the night before…I scared myself into thinking I had done something wrong. Lesson learned I will not be moving and lifting from this point on.
Pregnancy has been great. In the 1st Trimester I never really got “sick” just nauseous for a month and half, and had some awesome and interesting changes to my body. In the 2nd Trimester I have gotten a few leg cramps in the middle of the night, random bouts of insomnia - which is completely normal when I have too much on my mind, interesting cravings like “crazy bread”, learned that I need to clear my belly of the car door when opening it and finally…even though I feel like I have a “I’ve been sitting in a 3 hour movie full bladder” it’s not really. I’m bracing myself for the 3rd Trimester, I hear it can be a doozy.
My favorite part so far is obviously feeling the little one wiggling and kicking around. I can only imagine it’s second to the first time I will be holding him in my arms.
Two things I'm nervous about as I near the end of my 2nd Trimester: I'm getting huge, or at least I feel huge. My Dr. helps reassure me and my 5'2 frame that I'm measuring right on target...I'm just short and the only way for him to grow is out. I fear I am literally having David's baby, a whopper at 10 pounds 7 ounces. Lord help me!
The other thing, pre-term labor. Knowing quite a few people that have delivered pre-term lately, it makes me nervous. I'm staying positive though. Wyatt and I can do this!
Here is my 24 week belly picture. I know, WOW!
4 comments:
you look GREAT nim!
Lookin good little mama! And yes, please take it easy moving furniture around and cleaning and such... that's what sent me into pre-term labor with Ben at 26 weeks! Luckily I was able to keep him in there for 13 more weeks :)
You look great! I remember worrying a lot. If she didn't move a lot one day, or if I felt a cramp or braxton hicks contractions (those were weird). But, most of that stuff is normal.
I used wake up almost in tears with leg cramps; scared Richie half to death. :) You and Wyatt will be just fine! Thinking of you!
Oh, and don't move anything! That is what husbands are for. Hee hee.
Nim, you look amazing! Wait till you see the belly I'm sporting! :) We should have a little weight guessing contest. You are doing a wonderful job and yes..be careful, but know that your boy is safe and tucked away in that "big" belly of yours! You are a great mom already. :)
love you!
Post a Comment